Isaiah n Terence
There it was again. Witnessing one of God’s greatest gifts to mankind, this caught and still catches my heart till today. It was indeed the best curve, in my opinion, to find on a woman no matter what time of the day you choose to look at her. She was running towards me with her arms wide open, expecting me to catch and draw her into my embrace. The enticing scent lavender filled my nostrils as I ran my fingers through her long hair, the sound of her voice reaching my eardrums as soon as I walked through the door and the very sight of her beaming visage, what more could a man ask for in life? It took me a considerable amount of time wooing her but hey, it was worth the wait and effort. Not that we are married but being more than “just friends”, I think I would call that a good start considering the fact that I’m not considered to be the best catch in town, not especially with my messy appearance and shy personality. As a matter of fact, I never expected it to work out as we come from two different worlds. She’s beautiful, witty, outspoken and I’m just your average Joe who just so happens to come from the same local university as she did. I could go on about how we met and what I did before we got together but that would just bore the readers. After giving her a peck on the cheek and leaving my belongings by the stairs, I collapsed onto the sofa and started ranting about how my boss was treating me unfairly and all the trivial things in life that annoyed me throughout the day. Being the patient listener, she quietly listened to what I had to say, giving the occasional sympathetic gesture of holding and squeezing my hand, telling me that everything will turn out to be what God would want it to be in time. Feeling better, I decided that it was her turn to receive my attention and so allowed her to pour out all that was on her mind so that we could exchange roles and ease her worries of our on-going financial worries and situations. With bills piling up to your neck, it does not help when your boss refuses to give you your expected salary promptly at the end of each month. We sat and talked close to an hour regarding these issues and then we decided it was better to leave such matters aside for the time being and concentrated on the current dilemma which was our dinner. I asked her to head upstairs and get dressed as it was decided the day before that we would go to a restaurant for our weekly candlelight meal tonight so while she was busy changing, I flipped through the newspapers, scanning for interesting headlines and articles that were printed in that day’s edition and a particular heading came into my line of sight.

“REMAINS OF MAN UNEARTHED AFTER 2 YEARS, FIANĆE STILL MISSING”

Just as I started reading, Paige walked over and checked to see if I was ready on my part. Folding the papers, I nodded and we left the house immediately so as to stop the growling from both of our stomachs. That night in the restaurant, we reminisced on how we first met. It was really surprising that throughout the years of our courses, we have never met until we bumped into each other about half a year ago in a bookstore five blocks away. We laughed and talked and enjoyed ourselves until it was almost time for the restaurant to close for the night. After paying the bill, we went for a movie in a mall nearby and by the time we got home, we were already too exhausted to even walk upstairs into our bedroom. As I lay on my bed and started to doze off, I thanked God that He gave me such a precious jewel that I never expected to find before I met her but as they usually say, it is always calm before a storm.
            
0 Responses

Post a Comment